Thursday, May 13, 2010

Double Day!

Today we celebrated Double Day. As in: Molly = 2x Clara's age.
Molly = 1,896 days / 62 months / 5.1667 years old.
Clara = 948 days / 31 months / 2.5833 years old.
Mama = a dork.

We celebrated by having a picnic dinner at Lake Temescal and eating (what else?) cupcakes. Fun was had by all, including the ducks that mercilessly raided our picnic and were just as mercilessly chased by Molly. Baking cupcakes the night before was an exercise in extreme restraint for Clara, who threw herself on the floor every time she remembered the cupcakes and yelled "I want to go to the park NOW!"

3 comments:

Emily said...

I love their little matching dresses! And I think kids know how to eat cupcakes in a way that we have fundamentally forgotten. They're both just plowing into those things!

Stacy Boyd said...

Tell Clara that this is my reaction to cupcakes, too! Your girls are absolutely beautiful.

Lisa said...

so cute! and I love double day (I was afraid this was going to be a way of scheduling the second shift-- this is much more fun!)